XNAT-5936, I discovered that editing an existing event subscription can inadvertently save invalid values, even when a validation error is returned.
- Create a valid Event Subscription and save it.
- Then edit the subscription and change the value of the JSON Path payload filter to something invalid. (i.e. (@.modality==MR) without enclosing quotes).
- Then click "OK" to save the subscription. You will get an error dialog saying that the validation failed.
- Close the error dialog AND close the edit dialog, without further changes
- Refresh the Event Service table (this may need to be done manually) and notice that the subscription is now flagged as "INVALID"
- Edit the subscription and notice that the invalid JSON Path payload filter was saved regardless of the error