To recreate this:
- Create 2 projects, PROJECT_A and PROJECT_B.
- Have your SCP receiver set up to use the direct archive feature.
- Use DQR to import a study into PROJECT_A.
- When the session has successfully archived, attempt to use DQR again to import the same study into PROJECT_B.
- After the request gets issued, the study will end up (eventually) in the prearchive of PROJECT_A in Conflict state.
I believe what's happening is that normal archiving in XNAT knows how to clear the study routing table for the given study instance UID, but this isn't implemented for direct archiving. To Kate, here's a tip you may find useful: the admin can globally clear the study -> project routing table via Administer > More... > Clear Study Routings. This is not something we want people to need to do in production, however.