Uploaded image for project: 'XNAT'
  1. XNAT
  2. XNAT-5877

WorkflowStatusEvents configured from event handlers are launching multiple times

    Details

    • Rank:
      0|ii1cpl:i

      Description

      Set up event handlers that chained the running of automation scripts. Script 1 was launched from the UI. An event handler was set up to launch script 2 when script 1 was complete. Another event handler was set up to launch script 3 when script 2 was complete.

      Under the latest 1.7.5 develop branch, each completion resulted in two launches of the subsequent script.

      See screenshots for setup and outcome. Charlie was able to reproduce this on a CentOS DEV machine running 1.7.0_191 but not on his local machine running Java 8.

        Activity

        Hide
        moore.c@wustl.edu Charlie Moore added a comment -

        Yep, I got duplication similar, but not quite the same (which can probably be explained by the fact that I stopped at script3), on xnat-dev05. However, I couldn't recreate the issue on my local vagrant VM. Perhaps the issue is that Hodge's dev machine and xnat-dev05 both are on Java 7, but the vagrant VMs use Java 8? Or, perhaps that's just a red herring.

        Show
        moore.c@wustl.edu Charlie Moore added a comment - Yep, I got duplication similar, but not quite the same (which can probably be explained by the fact that I stopped at script3), on xnat-dev05 . However, I couldn't recreate the issue on my local vagrant VM. Perhaps the issue is that Hodge's dev machine and xnat-dev05 both are on Java 7, but the vagrant VMs use Java 8? Or, perhaps that's just a red herring.
        Hide
        moore.c@wustl.edu Charlie Moore added a comment -

        Matt and I were unable to reproduce the issue (independently) on 1.7.5.3. If we can get Hodge to confirm the issue has gone away as well, we can see this was fixed inadvertently some time from the 1.7.5-SNAPSHOT dev time to the 1.7.5.3 release.

        Show
        moore.c@wustl.edu Charlie Moore added a comment - Matt and I were unable to reproduce the issue (independently) on 1.7.5.3. If we can get Hodge to confirm the issue has gone away as well, we can see this was fixed inadvertently some time from the 1.7.5-SNAPSHOT dev time to the 1.7.5.3 release.

          People

          • Assignee:
            jrherrick@wustl.edu Rick Herrick
            Reporter:
            hodgem@wustl.edu Mike Hodge
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated: